- What do you want to get out of your project?
To nerd out about Star Wars info. To make an interface that people are interested in. To make something fun.
- What do your users want to get out of your project?
A fun and pleasing interface that will be a time sink for Star Wars fans who are interested in taking a look at information in a way that is more fun that just reading the wikipedia.
- Who are your users?
Anyone interested in Star Wars, or might be interested. Those who like games. Probably people who vaguely know the game but it might be interesting to have it explain enough it could stand alone.
- How would you measure the success of your project?
Aesthetically pleasing, simple to use and understand, engaging.
- How can you divide your content into categories?
There can be a multitude of different categories for content. Some main ones would be characters, relationships, time period, faction, time of death. Also, splitting off in time as the user decides which path to take.
- What sort of meta information can unite some or all of the content?
Talking about when each character entered what kind of relationship with each other. A party, a friendship, a romance, or as enemies. Also, what events they both were involved in.
- Does your structure facilitate exploration?
I think so. Ideally it could have many things to explore about the Star Wars Universe.
- Would your structure support only 5 people? 100 people? 1 million?
Perhaps 100 people, maybe not directly on the timeline but embedded as relations to the main characters that appear. I’m not sure how characters could be dynamically added since it’s only the timeline of the story that already exists.
- What sort of functionality would your project need to be succesful?
Zooming, scrolling, prompts of some sort, moving windows that swap different important information.
- What functionality would be nice to have?
Some sort of touch interface that makes it interesting. Maybe selecting multiple characters at once or dragging character up opens their ID window(s). Layers of the timeline so all the info doesn’t seem so muddled.
- What is the primary content of your site?
The story and events of the KOTOR game. The characters and the events happening around them and the choice the user makes alters how the game ends.
- What is the supplemental content?
Relationships, trivia, planets, lore, spaceships, factions, good or evil, backstory.