Strategy for Boardwalk Empire app:
- What do you want to get out of your project? A better understanding of the mind-set of a UX designer.
- What do your users want to get out of your project? To have fun while learning more about the business dynamics of Nucky Thompson.
- Who are your users? Avid fans of Boardwalk Empire.
- How would you measure the success of your project? By the number of users that use the app and post on social media about ways Nucky can stay on top of his “game.”
1.How can you divide your content into categories?
- Basic information of the show’s plot and background history
- The business territories
- Character bios and what their business is with Nucky
- Timeline of Season 2-3
2. What sort of meta information can unite some or all of the content? Whether the characters are bootleggers, the “muscle”, the money, the government or a lover of Nucky.
3. Does your structure facilitate exploration?
Most def. The user has the opportunity to not only learn about the connections but to alter the way Nucky does business by answering a multiple choice question about how Nucky should handle a certain conflict. The results will tell the user how other connections are affected by Nucky’s actions.
4. Would your structure support only 5 people? 100 people? 1 million?
I would hope that thousands of people would download this app.
- What sort of functionality would your project need to be succesful? To be designed for the tablet and smart phone, swipe functions, touch and drag, zoom in and out, and popup windows.
- What functionality would be nice to have? I’m not sure yet.
- What is the primary content of your site? The relationships Nucky has with all the characters.
- What is the supplemental content? First there will be the plot and historical reference information, then the character bios and how they are connected to other characters.
Here are some mapping images of the connections and the main stage: