1. Who is your primary audience? Do you have a secondary one?
My primary audience is basically all phone users. Ideally this would be an app that is added by default or one that is integrated with the OS. However, to go deeper, my primary audience would be techy users who are looking to get the most out of their phone.
2. What are the top three objectives for your app?
My top three adjectives are to give users a quick overview of local information they may be looking for (such as weather, maps, etc.), giving users push notifications such as texts and email, and integrated voice controls to better suit their needs. Ideally customization would be a large secondary objective.
3. What are all of the features that related apps have? Are there any that you have thought of on your own? List as many as you can.
Search, RSS reader, maps, weather, mail, texts, to do list/calendar, notifications, voice, and control center integration.
4. What is the bare minimum in functionality that your web app should be able to do?
Search, weather, mail/texts, to do lists/calendar.
5. What features are unnecessary or don’t lead directly to the objectives you listed above?
Crazy customizations might not lead to having an effective app that acts as a mobile homepage for users.
6. What is your “Call to Action” (The first thing a user should do)?
Customize the app to the experience they want. From the get go there maybe a few defaulted notification center items.