1. Who is your primary audience? Do you have a secondary one?
People who desire a mobile dictionary that quickly provides definitions, pronunciation, synonyms, and slang terms.
People who desire translations to other languages or understanding slang terms.
2. What are the top three objectives for your app?
Instant definitions and synonyms; speedy response.
Easy navigation, intuitive.
Simplified design; progressive disclosure of information.
3. What are all of the features that related apps have? Are there any that you have thought of on your own? List as many as you can.
Camera – photograph words
Social media sharing
History of words
I would like to have access to other dictionaries, such as the Urban Dictionary and translations to other languages.
4. What is the bare minimum in functionality that your web app should be able to do?
Users can search for words by typing or recording their voice.
Provide the information instantly, or only by minimal “clicks”
5. What is your “Call to Action” (The first thing a user should do)?
The user will want to know the definition of a word and will is enter it by either using the keyboard, recording their voice, or taking a picture.