I decided to change my app to an app that locates the closest/best public toilet nearest you. (so no more grocery shopping app!)
- Who is your primary audience? Do you have a secondary one?
Men & Women of all ages. Possibly working men/women, or people who find themselves out and about around town.
- What are the top three objectives for your app?
• To give people an easy to use app to find the closest and best public toilets near them.
• One that will stand out from the competitors apps (aesthetically and usability).
• Have it not be overwhelming with information (especially the map).
- What are all of the features that related apps have? Are there any that you have thought of on your own? List as many as you can.
• Filters: Mens, Womens, Unisex, Handicap Restrooms
• Camera function (to take pictures of the facilities to share)
• Add a toilet function
• Favorite a facility
• Report changes
• Toilet Sounds
- What is the bare minimum in functionality that your web app should be able to do?
To simply locate public toilets near you.
- What features are unnecessary or don’t lead directly to the objectives you listed above?
I’m still debating on if it should need a login/signup page, because I would like for people to share reviews/photos of the facilities, but obviously a first time user of this app might not want to go through a signup page (they just want to quickly find the nearest restroom).
- What is your “Call to Action” (The first thing a user should do)?
Locate where you are at (through the “location services” feature in the iPhone) so the app can locate where the closest toilets are near you.