What do you want to get out of your project?
I would like to build a solid foundation for a strategy based iPad or iPhone app that informs users about Boardwalk Empire, but doesn’t shove information down there throats with too much trivia.
What do your users want to get out of your project?
I want users to have a interactive experience and try to build up cities and expand their “empire”. as well as testing their trivia knowledge with quizzes about prohibition and Boardwalk Empire
Who are your users?
Younger people that are interested in playing strategy based and RPG games. Also fans of Boardwalk Empire
How would you measure the success of your project?
If I can create a pleasant user experience. clarity and usability are factors in success
How can you divide your content into categories?
Making the user choose a side at the start of the game will divide categories nicely. Most mission that the user will partake in will have some trivia questions involved.
What sort of meta information can unite some or all of the content?
Boardwalk Empire, Prohibition era, mafia, moonshining?
Does your structure facilitate exploration?
I would like there to be a map where the user can land on…. and must progress through challenges to expand territory on map.
Would your structure support only 5 people? 100 people? 1 million?
it supports 1million people playing it separately? i guess it could be online interactive or something?
What sort of functionality would your project need to be successful?
Easy navigation, Fun, It should be able to grow.
What functionality would be nice to have?
building empires, like houses and bootlegging outlets. to watch your empire expand and not just saying you’ve purchased a house. Live motion. Maybe first person shooter games or something.
What is the primary content of your site?
Bootlegging and building empires.
What is the supplemental content?
facts about prohibition, Boardwalk empire, and Gangs.
I chose six degrees of boardwalk empire. starting with a character select with info about each character, you will then jump into a map with certain checkpoints to reach. to reach the checkpoints you must answer questions or trivia about the show. Buy guns and ammo and go to war with other bootleggers and try to build an empire.
1. one of the most distracting layouts. too much color everywhere and the user is immediatly confused.
2. the inactive plug-ins link on the side of the scroll bar do not help the overall professionalism of the website.
3. the color for the text is hard to read when scrolling thru the website.
4. lots of unnecessary animations and gifs that dont serve any purpose.
5. lots of broken links or outdated links
6. creating worship music at the bottom of the page is frustrating and has no real intent or purpose.
7. loads very slowly, not web optimized
8. not really sure what the website is even telling the user?
9. some pictures are too small to even view.
10. just look at it.